A Fellowship is training that is done post-residency or post-certification that is not recognized by the Royal Colege of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Ophthalmology Fellowship Programs
The McMaster Ophthalmology Division currently offers the following Fellowship programs:
- Ophthalmic Plastics, Reconstructive and Orbital Surgery
In order to be eligible for a Fellowship, the applicant must meet the requirements of the licensing authority - The College of Physicians of Ontario. As well, the Ophthalmology Division will only accept applicants who are fully funded externally either through outside agenicies, bureaus etc. as internal funding or Postgraduate funding is not available.
If self-funded, please review the Postgraduate policy here.
Fellowship Program Applications
International (visa) applicants with Foreign Government Sponsorship must apply through their sponsorship bureau and not directly to programs or the Postgraduate Office.
All applications are then submitted to the McMaster Postgraduate office - as such, please DO NOT send your application to the Ophthalmology Program Coordinator as these cannot be processed.
For information regarding admissions criteria and the application process, it would be helpful for you to visit our Post Graduate Medical Education website.
Please ensure the following documents are included in your application. Applications that do not provide all required documentation will not be sent to the Ophthalmology Program Coordinator.
- McMaster Postgraduate Application Form
- CV (include date of birth)
- Copy of Medical Degree
- Copy of Medical School Transcripts
- Copy of either Medical Council of Canada Evaluation Exam results or copy of Certificate of Specialty
- Government/Hospital/other agency letter of sponsorship
- Goals and Objectives Form (the program will provide this to the Postgraduate Office)
- Letter of Reference (if required by program)