Our division educates learners in surgery at all levels, ranging from medical students, residents and clinical fellows. We host one of the largest surgical education training programs within the Department of Surgery.
Through careful selection of trainees, their dedication to the program and the fostering of relationships between trainees, students and the faculty, our residency program has maintained its reputation of excellence throughout the years.
Goals and Objectives
To achieve excellence in evidence based clinical care, education and research.
Our purpose is to empower the surgeons of tomorrow with the capacity for exemplary evidence based clinical care, critical thinking, creativity, professionalism and a zeal for lifelong learning.
- Establish MacOrtho as a top tier program within the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Establish MacOrtho as leaders in Evidence Based Clinical Care.
- Establish Pride, Purpose and Motivation in MacOrtho.
- Orthopaedic Surgery — 9 blocks
- Emergency Department — 1 block
- Internal Medicine — 1 block
- Trauma Surgery - 1 block
- Selective (Plastics, Neuro)- 1 block
- Intensive Care — 2 blocks
- Selective (Vascular/General Surgery)- 1 block
- Orthopaedics- Sports — 3 blocks
- Paediatrics Orthopaedics- 3 blocks
- Arthroplasty- 3 blocks
- Trauma- 1 block
- Research (optional- must be pre-approved by program)
- Community Orthopaedics — 2 blocks
- Foot and Ankle- 3 blocks
- Upper Extremity- 3 blocks
- Spine- 3 blocks
- General Orthopaedics- 2 blocks
- Orthopaedic Oncology — 3 blocks
- Elective Orthopaedics — 2 blocks
- Arthroplasty- 2 blocks
- Ortho Trauma- 3 blocks
- Paediatric Orthopaedics- 3 blocks
- General Orthopaedics- 10 blocks
- Study - 1 block
For MacOrtho Residency Program Questions, Please Contact:
Paulette Aubry, Program Coordinator
Phone: 905-522-1155 Ext. 32267