CEO has a strong history of international collaboration in education, including well-established exchanges with collaborators in the Netherlands and Spain. These collaborations offer international learners the opportunity to visit CEO, and CEO students the opportunity to study abroad.
Timeline of CEO international educational collaboration:
• 2004-2006 - Rudolf Poolman, a surgeon from OLVG in Amsterdam, visited CEO to complete work for his PhD thesis.
• 2008 – Bauke Kooistra and Bernadette Dijkman, medical students from the Netherlands, visited MacOrtho to complete a research internship.
• 2012 – Vinicius de Moraes, a surgeon from Brazil, visited MacOrtho to complete research for his PhD thesis.
• 2013 – Sheila Sprague, from CEO, competed her PhD at the University of Amsterdam.
• 2014-2015 – Ydo Kleinlugtenbelt, a surgeon from Deventer Hospital in the Netherlands, visited MacOrtho to complete his PhD research on distal radius fractures.
• 2016 – Kim Madden, a CEO Project Manager, completed a 3 month CIHR-funded international exchange to complete her PhD research on intimate partner violence.
• 2017 – Niek van der Hoek, a medical student at the University of Groningen, completed a 6 month research internship at CEO.
• 2017 – Felipe Moreira, a resident from Vall d’Hebron Hospital in Barcelona, completed a 1 month research exchange at CEO.
• 2017 – Marti Bernaus, a resident from Mutua de Terrassa Hospital near Barcelona, completed a 2 month research exchange at CEO.
• 2018 - Maria Jurado, a resident from Vall d’Hebron Hospital in Barcelona, completed a 3 month research exchange at CEO.
• 2018-19 – Francesco Marcano, an orthopaedic surgeon from Parc Tauli University Hospital in Barcelona completed a 12 month research internship at CEO.
• 2019-20 – Carlos Prada, a visiting orthopaedic surgeon from Chile, is completing a 12 month research fellowship at CEO