In our teaching, research, and scholarship, we are committted to creativity, innovation, and excellence. We value integrity, quality, and teamwork in everything we do. We inspire critical thinking, personal growth, and a passion for learning. We serve the social, cultural, and economic needs of our community and society.
- One of the Top 100 universities in the world (Shanghai Jiao Tong University ranking of world universities).
- The "McMaster Model" — a student-centred, problem-based, interdisciplinary approach to learning — has been adopted by universities across the world.
- With a total sponsored research income of $345 million, McMaster University ranks first in the country in research intensity — a measure of research income per full-time faculty member — averaging $308,000 per faculty member (Research Infosource Inc., 2006).
- McMaster is the only North American host site of a United Nations University.
- McMaster participates in more than 40 international exchange agreements around the globe.
MCMASTER'S LOCATION & SURROUNDINGS
- Hamilton, Ontario
- Fourth largest city in Ontario, ninth in Canada
- 65 kms from Toronto; 71 from U.S. border
- 300 acres of property (on McMaster Campus)
- Hiking and mountain biking trails
- 20-30 minutes from Niagara wine route
With a budding artistic culture, lush landscapes, a thriving downtown core as well as a multitude of academic portals, Hamilton is the ideal place to pursue your postgraduate studies.
Located just 45 minutes from Toronto downtown, Hamilton is an ideal location to service all of southwestern Ontario. GO Transit buses and trains connect Hamilton to all major cities including: Toronto, Oakville, Peterborough, Brantford, London and Guelph. Hamilton also boasts its own airport that services many sites in Ontario as well as southern destinations.