Updated May 2020*
During their PGY1, Surgical Foundations residents will attend four Anatomy Lab sessions and one simulated-environment sessions where they will complete various skill-centered rotations under the supervision and guidance of surgical faculty and upper-year residents. In addition, each Surgical Foundations cohort has one Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE). These clinical examinations take place using resources and space from McMaster's Anatomy Lab and Center For Simulation-Based Learning (CSBL).
2020-2021 Anatomy Lab Sessions:
- Anatomy IA: Wednesday, September 9th, 2020
- Anatomy IB: Wednesday, September 30th, 2020
- Anatomy IIA: Wednesday, October 28th, 2020
- Anatomy IIB: Wednesday, November 25th, 2020
2020-2021 Technical Skills Sessions (Anatomy and CSBL):
- EPA 2.1B Simulation Event for 2018 PGY1's: Wednesday, October 21st, 2020
- EPA 2.1B Simulation Event for 2019 PGY1's: Wednesday, November 11th, 2020
- Splinting/Casting, Airways, Chest Tubes, and Central Line Insertion: Wednesday, December 9th, 2020
- OSCE for 2020 PGY1's: Wednesday, May 26th, 2021
Feedback: At the end of each session, residents are given the opportunity to provide feedback online, anonymously to the program coordinator.
Additional Lab Time: All Surgical Foundations residents are encouraged to spend additional time as required in the Anatomy Lab. Booking small group sessions for educational purposes can be done via the anatomy lab website, found here.